Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States and other countries, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Information Collection and Use
- In order to facilitate searches and manage our business we collect Personal Information about you. We collect Personal Information about you when you voluntarily register with us, when you use the Website and/or our products or services and your browser interacts with us, when you visit the Website pages or the pages of certain of our partners, and when you enter third party Personal Information to conduct certain searches. We may combine information that we have about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, such as data providers and billing companies.
- The Personal Information we collect about you through theses various sources may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, IP address, address, and search log. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- By submitting your email address on our checkout page you agree that you're opting into our no-cost newsletter and email alerts service. You understand that you will receive messages that are commercial in nature. An opt-out "unsubscribe" link will be provided for your convenience in each message.
- We collect information about your transactions with us and with our business partners, such as billing partners, including information about your use of search products and information we offer.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, our cookie information, search activity, and the pages you request.
- We use the information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and publish search data.
- We may collect, create, use and disclose, in our discretion, any data that does not permit the identification of an individual (e.g., aggregated data or data in which we exclude information, such as your name, email, and address, that makes the data personally identifiable to you).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us. These companies may use your Personal Information to help communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners. Examples of these are third party payment processors who expedite payments on our Website and marketing partners, such as our identity theft protection partner.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- We do not provide any Personal Information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
In an effort to protect against fraud and misuse of our Website and Services, we actively analyze purchases, attempted purchases, high-volume search activity, and use of the Website and Services to help us identify and block individuals suspected of misuse and/or fraudulent activity from using the Website and our Services. Similarly, we may use that information, in conjunction with our security partners and / or law enforcement to assist those we reasonably believe to have been victimized by such fraudulent use of the Website and Services. We may share data (including, but not limited to, suspect payment information, email addresses, IP addresses, etc. and searches conducted) with our payment processors, and law enforcement, in an effort to reduce fraud. You consent to the provision of this information (including keyword search data) for such investigative purposes.
- We may set and access our cookies on your computer.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here.
How You Can Contact Us About Privacy Questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by writing to us at National Database, Attn: Privacy Department, 1717 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006.